Natural Tartaric Acid is an organic acid which is present in few fruits but in huge quantity only in grapes.
It appears as colourless crystals or white powder, almost odourless, of strong acid taste
The Natural Tartaric Acid is a product extremly versatile as it is used in a wide range of industries:
- Food Industry: this is the sector where it is most used as acidifier and natural preservative for jams, fruit juices, preserves, soft drinks etc.; it is also used in emulsifiers for bread making, in table waters as effervescent and in desserts as leavening.
- Wine – Making Industry: used to restore or correct wine acidity.
- Pharmaceuticals Industry: used in the preparation of specific medicines (antibiotics, cardio tonics etc.) and as excipient (it is not metabolized by the human body).
- Cosmetic Industry: used as a base compound in many natural body creams.
- Construction Industry: used in the gypsum and cement industries as setting retarder and in the ceramic industry as fluidifier.
The Natural Tartaric Acid produced by Distillerie Mazzari is “Kosher” and “Halal” certified as it satisfy the food standards respectively of the Orthodox Jewish and Islamic Religions.
The company has also obtained the registration to the “U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)”, an agency of the US Department of Health and Human Services, which is responsible for the regulation of food and pharmaceutical products in U.S.A..